4 organic chicken breasts - pounded
one jar roasted red peppers - cut into strips
baby spinach - 1 bunch or Box of Olivia's
1 8 oz carton baby portabello mushrooms - minced
12 oil cured green and black olives diced
1 shallot minced
garlic - minced - 2 tablespoons
sea salt and ground black pepper
cooking wine - 1/2 cup or 1/c cup chicken broth - or both @ 1/4 cup each!
Here are a couple of success tips:
- Pound out your chicken to about 1/2 inch thick - it should not fall apart.
- Have it at room temp so it does not get tough. (it's a muscle and muscle contracts when it's cold.... go figure:)
- Use tooth picks to hold the stuffed breast together - folded over - not rolled. NO PERFECTION HERE! We want some of that stuffing to pop out or overflow....)
- Use your taste buds! Make this your own....please. Use ingredients which inspire you.
- Use a large heavy duty skillet with sides (not flat) or a shallow heavy duty roasting pan - glass or ceramic or cast iron, or Celphalon or stainless.
When garlic and shallot are brown place the four folded secure over-stuffed breasts in skillet and sear on medium high heat about 1 minute on each side. Lighty salt and pepper.
After searing each side (they should ne lightly browned) take skillet and place in oven with the broth/wine. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve after resting the chicken and scraping pan. Serve over zucchini noodles or wilted baby spinach...with a side of tomato, avocado and red onion salad tossed with olive oil, capers and balsamic vinegar.
Ciao for now.