Making a spicy new dish transports me from boredom to a more engaged and lively interaction with both the preparation of my food and the joyful consumption of it!
And after the food lovin' - well there is an afterglow...of metabolic and healing proportions to including a raise in your metabolism, an increase in your efficient digestion, and a happier mental state - without the drowsiness!
Damn it! Spicy food is fun!
Check out this recipe - and feel free to make it your own! I have included at the bottom of this post a couple of ways I interact with the left overs....Tehehehe!
Spicy Rice Noodles with Chicken, Pea Pods and Red Pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenders – sliced lengthwise and halved
- 1 package 8 oz. rice noodles
- ½ cup coconut milk (canned – mix well, - reserve left over for smoothies)
- Sesame oil (toasted is best)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 pound snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 red pepper – thinly sliced into strips
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- Raw honey or maple syrup – 3 tablespoons
- Sea salt, ground pepper, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch fresh basil – or ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
For added nutrition - serve over baby spinach and chopped Bok Choy – or any favorite greens. Add in raw cashew pieces for extra protein and fat spectrum.
This can also be made vegetarian of course – using extra cashews, pine nuts and vegetables - and add in a medley of mushrooms for fiber, more pre-biotics - and a meatier flavor.
This meal is really yummy left over!
- I serve it with chopped avocado – and I mix in one or two scrambled eggs!
- Use leftover pork or steak as additional protein - in addition to the chicken – it works well with a variety of animal protein!
- Water chestnuts and pea sprouts are a great bed for this detox-delish dish!
Welcome to my detox world of deliciousness! I would LOVE to work with you!