My answer is always the same: The food and exercise - that's the easy part. It's why you aren't doing what you KNOW works or why you haven't taken that first action step to create a plan that works - that's where the real problem lies.
The answers about food and exercise are easy in the way that it is basic science - not calories in and calories out - but the science of your body, what you're eating now, your current exercise habits, your current "physical condition" and how we can change it all to optimize your overall health. Really, it's about bringing your body back to balance. When your DAILY diet is balanced with the proper foods and your body is more regularly dynamic and moving, when you are balancing your obligations with your nurture and your words with your actions - everything falls into place. The excess weight falls away, your mood levels, your skin glows, your energy increases. The world seems to be smiling with you.
However, it is not that easy is it? How many times have you said - "I know what to do - why can't I just do it?" The fact is, I or any other health professional can tell you EXACTLY what to eat and EXACTLY how to exercise, but getting you to actually do it - DAILY so it becomes your way of living....that's another story.
You actually committing to the sustained action - the practice - is the crux of this whole equation.
Your ability to prioritize yourself with your goals and then lining that up seamlessly and consistently with your daily choices - this is your secret to losing weight.
So below I have a SECRET RECIPE just for you. It is the most powerful formula you will ever encounter for getting your body to shed those unwanted pounds. It calls to your relationship with yourself - and where you stand there. It beckons what I call a "within-ventory"; an invitation to get clear, to make friends with your self-imposed obstacles, to acknowledge your fears, to dare to look them in the eye in order to create some space in your head and your heart - some real wiggle room for your desire and commitment to unite. As Marianne Williamson says in her book EVERYDAY GRACE, "What you are waiting for is waiting for you".
Do you realize that YOU - that amazing version of yourself is right now down the road tapping her foot and looking at you....waiting? Read on....I have some great stuff to share with you.
I call these my Soul-Luminous Pillars of Truth and they work for everything!!
- Surrender and Release. Lay down your sword. Stop fighting, excusing and blaming. Be willing to see things differently because you can't go on like this anymore. You're caught in the stress of things not working because you're in a constant cycle of criticizing yourself. In the words of Elsa from the Disney movie "Frozen", "Let it go! Let it go! Let it go!"
- Take full Responsibility. Take a look at where you are now and acknowledge how you got here - with the hundreds of daily choices you make about all things. What you focus on is what you create and what you are focusing on most of the time will dictate the quality and direction of your choices and ultimately your results. Be gentle and accept where you are right now - period. Define clearly what you want, why, and what you will have to do to get there. Accept that you need guidance and support. Your ultimate responsibility is to yourself and seeing this through. After all...you have said over and over that reaching your goal is the most important thing in your life right now.
- Believe. Know that despite your fears, past failures or even the fact that you don't know HOW you're going to do this - you have the power, the desire, the strength, the willingness, commitment and the authority to do, to become, and to experience anything you want. Believe it. Your belief drives your biology....this means if you believe it, you will do it, and if you do it...well you know...
- Take Inspired Action. Your energy in motion, fueled by your intent, your self-commitment and the consistency of your focus within every choice you make moment to moment is the most potent ingredient to your success. Inspired action feels good. The experience of it is empowering and ultimately becomes you! The food you are eating, the thoughts you are thinking, the words you are speaking, the exercise you are doing each day...connecting with the nurturing of your whole being over and over...this is inspired action! Marry that belief in yourself with your inspired action and you get results!!!
- Resonate. Check in often. Pay attention to how you're feeling. Your emotions are crucial indicators of what path you are taking. Your intuition is at work always and we must allow that information to filter through. Simply observe how you are feeling and why. If you're feeling badly or uncomfortable, try your best to identify what's going on. Are you saying yes to something that goes against your commitment to yourself? Are you starting to de-rail from your practice? Are you feeling guilty or overwhelmed? Why? Now, shift your perspective or change direction until you feel better. Don't run from it - make friends with the discomfit because it's not you. Feeling good about and within all that you are doing is a key ingredient to your overall result. How we get to where we are going matters. It will dictate the quality of the results and ultimately how long we can sustain that state of being!
- Adapt and Evolve. As you go along in your practice, accelerating toward your goals, you are changing. You are changing your physiology - your outlook, your body shape and even your character. You may also find a change in the people you hang out with or a shift in your career. The very fabric of your existence is being re-woven, tightened, loosened and enhanced. You are becoming more empowered and confident. You are becoming lighter in your thoughts, in your body and it brings a feeling of happiness. This requires that you look at those goals to make they are still what you want. Do you feel you want more or to re-direct a bit? As you balance your priorities, your body becomes more balanced and things begin to show themselves a little differently. Always re-calibrate!
- Practice and Repeat. Your practice - is your plan IN ACTION to get to your goals. It is in fact more than that. It is your daily life. It becomes your way of life. Your practice becomes your habits. What it takes to get there is what it takes to stay there. Build joy and gratitude into your daily life...your practice - and repeat over and over.
Remember, the awesome version of you - the lighter, leaner and more luminous you is waiting!
Click on these links for more information and feel free to message me in the Facebook Event Link!
Hope to meet you soon, Michelle